Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Electrical - 24v residential light switches

Those things at the lighting outlets are relays. There is usually one large
transformer to power the system, generally located at your service. The
rocker switches are available although they are a slightly different style.
The most difficult thing to find are the cover plates. Here is the link to
the electrical supply that carries this stuff. I would suggest calling them
to describe what you need. http://www.dale-electric.com/

"samurai" sammer003 @ yahoo.ca.spam wrote in message
news
My older house has these 24v, low voltage light switches made by
GE(circa 1950's) for the kitchen, bedrooms, and bathroom. At each
fixture, there is a 110v-24v transformer. I want to replace the
switch, it's broken, but can't find a part#, name or anything.

None of the electrical wholesalers, retail or anyone has heard of
these.

I've got a broken one, and others that I would like updated.
Has anyone heard/seen what these are??

I can email a picture if needed.

thanks,
samurai.