Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Dark stains on shingles?

wrote in :

Does anyone have a solution for the formation of I believe mildew
or mold that can discolor shingles? I believe there is a chemical that
can almost makes these stains disappear upon contact. I once saw a
demonstration of mildew disappearing from a sidewalk with a chemical
but I have no idea of what the chemical was.

http://www.askthebuilder.com/082_Bla...Shingles.shtml

http://alsnetbiz.com/homeimprovement/oxybleach.html

a solution for the formation

zinc or copper strips. May have to go to a real building supply place
for them.

of I believe mildew

Black Algae probably

a chemical that can almost makes these stains disappear upon contact.

Household bleach will do in most of that stuff. That was on a sidewalk.
Bleach ain't gonna hurt that.

If you get any ideas, DON'T PRESSURE WASH A ROOF. The only people that
will recommend that are people that do it for money and people that have
done it.