Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Soul Searching....

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:45:39 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

However..those revenues DID NOT materialize, we were sliding into a
recession, we had the DotCom bubble implosion (thankyouforbothBubba)
and revenues started drying up.

So there was NO balanced budget. That was like me saying Ive paid
off all my bills because next year I hope to have made enough money to
do so.

Gunner

Bull****. That was all in current accounts. I think we went over this
before, a few years ago.

--
Ed Huntress

SMOKE & MIRRORS

The Budget Surplus That
Does Not Exist

By Janet Hook and
Peter G. Gosselin
TIMES STAFF WRITERS

(The actual title of that article, which was clipped and edited by "World
Free Internet," was "Huge Surplus Is Built on Big Assumptions," not "The
Budget Surplus That Does Not Exist." And WFI hacked the article itself up
pretty good, to boot. I point this out to avoid any fears that Gunner
actually reads the Los Angeles Times. He just reads the predigested waste
products. g)

That's about the 15-year projection, not about the current-accounts
surpluses. The er, "altered" headline is misleading but they can't cover up
the fact that it's not about the current surpluses under Clinton, but about
the long-term projections -- which, as I said in another post, were
unrealistic.

Once again, you're playing your shell game. Do you have any support for the
idea that the surplus was not real during the latter Clinton years?

--
Ed Huntress