Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Robert Haar Robert Haar is offline

Default Book Nook

On 10/14/07 9:04 AM, "Thom" wrote:

Completed this for my wife. I made the mistake of showing her a picture from
Workbench magazine or maybe from Woodsmith. Either magazine ended up in the
same result...wifey wanted to have one in a spare bedroom turned office. The
unit spans a 12 foot wall and will provide here with a lot of space to show
off her favorite grand daughter pictures and nick knacks.
Turned out --just ok and certainly not my best work. We still need to make
the cushions and do a few little things but for the most part my job is
complete.

Simple but nicely done, and well integrated into the room. I might have
routed some detail in the face frame elements to match the window molding,
but if SWMBO is happy, what else is there to say.