Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default Instant, I mean instant, hot water

Aaron Fude wrote:

I have a three story house with a water heater in the basement. I go
to the bathroom on the top floor to brush my teeth. It takes about 30
seconds or more for the water out of the faucet to become warm. Is
there a robust solution that would shorten that time to about 5
seconds?

You brush your teeth with hot water? Hmmm.

You could install a point of use heater under the sink, or they sell
recirculating pumps that use the cold water line as a return. Neither will be
cheap and the latter has the drawback of making your cold water lukewarm.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars