Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Jack is offline

Default ptoperty lines

On Oct 13, 8:32 pm, "Don Young" wrote:
"cj" wrote in message

... greetings, i am at odds with my neighbor over the exact placement of our
shared property line. i have a copy of a survey that was done about 5
years ago that shows our lots and on my lot there is a telephone pole that
i am using as a reference point. on the survey the scale is one inch =
forty feet. given that, could one say a half inch equals 20 feet, a
quarter inch equals 10 feet and an eighth of an inch equals 5 feet. using
the pole as a reference, i measured about a heavy sixteenth from the pole
to the lot line on the survey map. seems to me that my property extends at
least 2 feet past the pole. before i spend about $700 for a surveyor is
this a somewhat accurate way of measuring?.
thanks, cj

The pole has nothing to do with the actual property line. If you and your
neighbor cannot find the actual survey markers and agree that they are
correct, you may be able to get a new survey that you both agree with. If
you can not come to an agreement on your own, that's what the courts are
for. Other than just having something to disagree and squabble about, the
exact location of a property line is often not very important.

Don Young

And then there are those that can't agree on anything whether it is
right or wrong. They just love to disagree.I have a fried who is that
minded. Absolutely nothing is positive in his life. What a sad way to
live.