Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Jim[_2_] Jim[_2_] is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense! Help needed!

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Jonathan" wrote

What struck me in particular was this paragraph:

"But the study from the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors shows
that some of the measures, such as solar panels to heat water, would
cost £5,000 to install but reduce average bills by only £24 a year and
would take about 208 years to pay back."

Ours cost us £2000 two years ago. Our gas bills (the only other
water heating we had) were reduced by almost £300 in the first year.

... I'm sure even the most sceptical person in this group can
see all of the figures are utter nonsense. But what to do about an
ignorant public?

Par for the course. Even the Nobel comittee were ignorant enough to get
taken in
by Al Gore's comedy film.

Many people who claim to have no religion have made global warming etc
their religion; and they are too stupid to see it......

Graham