Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof bof is offline

Default Dripping noise

In message ,
writes
Thus spake Huge ) unto the assembled multitudes:

snobbish, dismissive tone, "you'd have to go to art school to understand
that." Ever since, I have regarded "art" like this as pretentious $h1t.

Your loss. Just because the proprietor was a ****, doesn't mean that abstract
art is rubbish. Go to the Tate Modern and spend a while looking at the Rothko
Seagram Commission. Don't think or analyse, just look.

But is "looking" enough? I'll grant you that there is some amazing modern
or abstract art about, but this particular artwork, and the elitist
attitude of this guy, just combined to make it seem all the more
inaccessible.

Not so different to attitudes to plumbing or electrics, etc. then
really.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk