Posted to alt.energy.homepower,uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense! Help needed!

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:21:29 UTC, Jonathan
wrote:

Assuming a labour cost of £80 per hour, even a chimp could replace 4
valves an hour, allow an hour for drain-down, an hour for test, and an
hour for a fag and for a 10 rad house you have £100 for the valves+
£360 for the labour = £460. Tell me how you'd bump that up to £2,240?

I thought it was about £700 quoted for the valves. and 4 an hour is
rather fast; valves often differ in size and pipework has to be
modified.

Or is that really an inconvenient truth?

Not really. I prefer to stick to facts.

Well, your idea of the facts according to the 'Greenwash Dictionary'.

http://www.diybanter.com