Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Dripping noise

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:31:08 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

Reminds me of when I stayed in a B&B in a village in the Spanish Pyrenees,
on a bird-watching holiday back in the early 1990s. The place was run by
a couple of British artists and the B&B was mostly patronised by those of a
similar persuasion. In my room there was a "painting" which consisted of
something like solid light blue on the top two-thirds, a thick red line
across, and a dark-blue bottom third. I've probably got the colours wrong
but you get the idea. One day out of genuine curiosity I asked the
proprietor what the painting was about. "Oh," he said in a rather
snobbish, dismissive tone, "you'd have to go to art school to understand
that." Ever since, I have regarded "art" like this as pretentious $h1t.

When No.1son went to uni (He did IT) one of his friends being a bit of
an artist with good exam results applied to the art dept of the local
uni and they said he couldn't possibly go to art college straight from
school no matter how good he was as "He hadn't suffered enough yet"

DG