Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Doug is offline

Default Need paint color recomendation

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:00:43 -0400, "Kirk R."
wrote:

Doug wrote:

The above is an excellent point.

However, as a landlord I always go to a big box store for interior
paint and buy their house brand medium grade in antique white, flat
for most walls and semi-gloss enamel for trim kitchen and bath.

I've had no better luck buying top grade paint at specialty paint
stores. Tenants scuff it, scrape it off, put holes in walls and have
food stains that require repainting even after using the very best
paint.

Due to buying and using the same grade and color for years, if I'm
lucky and a tenant hasn't truly devasted the place, I can often get by
with just a touch up job.

Don't blame the paint. You need to take a serious look at the place
you're renting, and why your place attracts pond scum. If you have that
big of a turnover rate, to keep you busy painting, you must be a slumlord.

A rather insulting and presumptuous posting.

1. Did I say that I had a big turnover rate?
I've had some leave after one year, others have stayed for 15 years.

2. I try to not refer to anyone as "pond Scum". Is that how you view
folks?

3. Did I say that I was "busy" painting???

Doug