Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Soul Searching....

On 13 Oct 2007 22:59:09 -0400, Maxwell Lol wrote:

Gunner writes:

On 13 Oct 2007 13:54:43 -0400, Maxwell Lol wrote:

There are two charts on the FAQ page - one shows actual
values, the second is adjusted for inflation. It's the second chart
that shows it was dropping, probably because Clinton balanced the budget.

Then the chart is worthless as Clinton never balanced the budget.

---------------------------------------
Clinton announces record payment on national debt

By John King/CNN

May 1, 2000
Web posted at: 5:13 p.m. EDT (2113 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) - President Bill Clinton said Monday that the United States would pay off $216 billion in debt this year, bringing to $355 billion the amount of the nation's debt paid down in the three years since the government balanced the budget and began running surpluses.
------------------------

President Clinton announces another record budget surplus

From CNN White House Correspondent Kelly Wallace

September 27, 2000
Web posted at: 4:51 p.m. EDT (2051 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Clinton announced Wednesday that the federal budget surplus for fiscal year 2000 amounted to at least $230 billion, making it the largest in U.S. history and topping last year's record surplus of $122.7 billion.

http://www.worldfreeinternet.net/news/nws174.htm

Believe me, we were stretching it when we did five-year projections,"
said Leon E. Panetta, who was once Clinton's chief of staff, his
budget director and chairman of the House Budget Committee. "Any time
you get out beyond a few years, you're in never-never land." And from
the Republican side, Senate Budget Committee Chairman Pete V. Domenici
of New Mexico, said: "I don't think [Clinton] should have done 15-year
numbers. It created a distorted picture. It made the numbers look way
too big." (Surprise, surprise! Bill Clinton did something that created
a distorted picture! WFI Editor)

Projections that dont come true..arent real.

Gunner