Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Three-way switch & GFCI

It shouldn't trip unless there is a ground fault. There is no requirement to
have the wiring outside of the bathroom outlet,protected by the gfci.

"Doug" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi and thanks for any help.

I just pulled out a standard outlet in our bathroom to replace with a
GFCI. Got the GFCI in fine. However, apparently the load side powers
our hallway's three way switch (which has there separate switches) and
then runs into a bedroom and provides lighting there.

Whenever I turn the hallway light on it trips the GFCI. The lights
farther down the line don't trip the switch, just the three-way
hallway lights. Is this expected or is there a problem with the
hallway lighting?

Doug