Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA JANA is offline

Default Popping capacitors Who has post 2006 hardware with bad caps?

There is probably some other common fault that is causing the caps to be
over stressed, or there is a design fault.

Investigate things such as the working temperature of the supply, and if
there is adequate air flow through it. Also, check the voltage across the
cap while the supply is operating.

For an experiment use a higher voltage rated cap and see what happens. If
you can squeeze a 25V cap in its place, or find a way to use 2 X 470 uF /
25V in parallel to replace if there is no space for a single at 1000 uF.
Also, make sure that the cap's temperature is rated at 105 deg Cels.

--

JANA
_____

"CheetahHugger" wrote in message
. ..
Just got 7 420W pc power supplies in which have all the same capacitor
1000uf 16v popped, as these were made in 2006 i am suprised, that was a
problem of the past or are there more people here that still have
trouble with capacitors?
Someone gave me 2 tft monitors which briefly show picture and then shut
off, i open those tomorrow and see if they also have bad capacitors.
I am aware of the motherboard capacitor problem but that too doesn't
happen anymore or does it?
Who sees post 2006 hardware with bad caps?

Cheetah