Posted to alt.home.repair
benick benick is offline

Default Sheetrocking kitchen, put durock where backsplash is?

"Mikepier" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm getting ready to sheetrock my kitchen and was wondering if I
should sheetrock the entire wall or just sheetrock up to 36" high,
then put 18" high durock for the backsplash, then continue up with
sheetrock. Can I just rock the entire wall and still put the
backsplash tile on the sheetrock?

Yes,sheetrock the entire wall and as was stated earlier DO NOT PUT THE SEAM
IN THE MIDDLE. On just that wall put 2 seams above and below the cabinets.
Also on ALOT of kitchens I see the entire wall is done with 1/2 plywood then
drywalled to make cabinet installation ALOT easier...If you go that route
remember to move your outlet boxes out an extra 1/2 inch...Good luck with
your new kitchen.....