Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default ptoperty lines

"cj" wrote in message
greetings, i am at odds with my neighbor over the exact placement of our
shared property line. i have a copy of a survey that was done about 5
years ago that shows our lots and on my lot there is a telephone pole that
i am using as a reference point. on the survey the scale is one inch =
forty feet. given that, could one say a half inch equals 20 feet, a
quarter inch equals 10 feet and an eighth of an inch equals 5 feet. using
the pole as a reference, i measured about a heavy sixteenth from the pole
to the lot line on the survey map. seems to me that my property extends at
least 2 feet past the pole. before i spend about $700 for a surveyor is
this a somewhat accurate way of measuring?.
thanks, cj

No one asked why you care.
My neighbors and I have kinda agreed on where we take care of the grass, but
I haven't the faintest idea where the property lines are. (except that I
have deck that extends 6" into my neighbors yard; 16 years ago the lawyer
said it doesn't matter, and it seems not to have.)