Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
DT[_2_] DT[_2_] is offline

Default Smaller, less ugly outdoor electric outlet?

In article , says...

I'm looking to run some electricity out into the garden (in a permanent
way), some outlets on a post where I can plug in Christmas lights, etc.
Problem is, the garden is not large, and most of the outdoor outlet boxes
I've seen are rather large and industrial-looking.

Has anyone seen any outdoor outlet boxes that are smaller and perhaps
greener (to blend in?

All you need is a exterior rated, plastic single gang box, which is minimally
sized to hold one device. Can't get any smaller. You can use a flat 'flipper'
cover instead of an in-use bubble cover if your locale will allow it for
occasional use. My city recently started requiring in-use covers for all
outdoor applications, even the one under cover on my front porch, which I
definitely didn't want sticking out any more than needed. After passing it, the
inspector hinted that if it got 'damaged' and I replaced it with a flat cover,
well, how was he supposed to know?

--
Dennis