Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - Should Recalls Cause A Company's Demise?

"Richard The Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:22:41 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:
"Richard The Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:06:49 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

Doctors can't tell. Consumers can't tell. Topps won't tell. Only the
government can tell.

Oh, feh. Another Gubmint worshipper.

Tell us, Rich, how in the hell could YOU tell that it was the e.coli in
the
Topps burgers? How would you know it wasn't the e.coli in your spinach?
The
producers aren't going to tell you. Your doctor has no way of knowing.
You
have no way of knowing.

I don't eat meat raw, and it doesn't take long at all to run spinach under
the faucet.

Running spinach under the faucet won't do a thing if it's heavily infested
with e.coli. And do you never eat salads? Do you never eat fish? Do you
never eat in a restaurant?

Problems crop up with all of those things, Rich, and with many more, despite
the levels of government regulation and inspection we have. With no
inspection and regulation, it's Katie bar the doors.

I have to admit I've never met an ideologue so pure than he doesn't want
government testing and inspecting food and drugs. I guess you guys used to
die off, before we had inspections. g

So, what would you do, stop eating?

No, as I've said, I cook the meat, and wash the fresh vegetables. Do you
eat uncooked meat, and unwashed fresh vegetables, setting yourself up for
diseases, becauser you're depending on Uncle Sugar Daddy to watch over
you?

I don't wash my lettuce with soap and hot water, which is what it would
take. Rinsing it with cold water is kind of a joke, actually. And I don't
know what in the hell they do in restaurants, but I do eat in them
sometimes.

Use your head, man, and stop being a knee-jerker.

Well, so, now, I'm a knee-jerker, just because I'm not a government-
worshipper?

No, because you jerk so quickly that you don't want anybody regulating the
crap they can put in your food or drugs.

Bottom line, I just don't believe in depending on a pack of liars, cheats,
and thieves to "take care of me". I'd much rather take responsibility for
my own well-being.

Good luck. Stay inside and boil everything in a pressure cooker. Some
bacteria can tolerate 230 deg. F. And don't buy any processed food at all,
including milled flour. Mill your own to be sure.

But that's entirely too terrifying to those who refuse to grow up.

Unlike the libertarian ideologues, I at least prefer to have a *chance* to
grow up. Of course, you've lived your entire life with that regulation and
inspection, too.

--
Ed Huntress