Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard The Dreaded Libertarian Richard The Dreaded Libertarian is offline

Default OT - Should Recalls Cause A Company's Demise?

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:22:41 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:
"Richard The Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:06:49 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

Doctors can't tell. Consumers can't tell. Topps won't tell. Only the
government can tell.

Oh, feh. Another Gubmint worshipper.

Tell us, Rich, how in the hell could YOU tell that it was the e.coli in the
Topps burgers? How would you know it wasn't the e.coli in your spinach? The
producers aren't going to tell you. Your doctor has no way of knowing. You
have no way of knowing.

I don't eat meat raw, and it doesn't take long at all to run spinach under
the faucet.

So, what would you do, stop eating?

No, as I've said, I cook the meat, and wash the fresh vegetables. Do you
eat uncooked meat, and unwashed fresh vegetables, setting yourself up for
diseases, becauser you're depending on Uncle Sugar Daddy to watch over you?

Use your head, man, and stop being a knee-jerker.

Well, so, now, I'm a knee-jerker, just because I'm not a government-
worshipper?

Bottom line, I just don't believe in depending on a pack of liars, cheats,
and thieves to "take care of me". I'd much rather take responsibility for
my own well-being.

But that's entirely too terrifying to those who refuse to grow up.

Thanks,
Rich