Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Thwacker needs a mechanism..

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:56:15 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:08:15 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Winston
Quoth Sir Larry:

Bueno. What's this 20 ohm 30 watt "square ohm" resistor they're
talking about? Anything like "cam dusters" or "Kanutin valves"?
http://www.adelcom.net/MOTOROLA_ksn1005b.htm

Not even muffler bearings.

I think they refer to the same wire-wound style as the 10 W beige parts
shown in:
http://www2.neufeld.newton.ks.us/ima...2/100_2505.JPG

Huh. Then why didn't they just _say_ "standard power resistors"?

Probably becaue there is no such thing as a "standard power resistor".
They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

The ones in the pic, I've heard called "sandstone". There are also
the tubular ones, and the metal ones with bolt holes, like the top two
he
http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/...7757/18632.htm

Hope This Helps!
Rich