Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - Should Recalls Cause A Company's Demise?

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
A chemical that is to be used on us is often - and really often
passed by our government on the word of the making company / industry.
When a problem occurred then they went on to test. They claiming they
can't test every pill and additive and food and ...... No room, no people
not enough of anything. Just a trusting recovery machine to me.

Some things they hold up for a while and the chem/drug company gets
congress to jump on their case.

Birth defects occur, deaths, cancers abound due to lack of understanding
that this chemical gives you pancreas cancer just by smelling it in
the process of spraying it in a yard.

Lots of garden and yard chemicals were taken off or restricted due
to people dying because of use. Proper or improper didn't matter.
My father-in-law was one. He lived a long life, but poor testing or none
killed him. The chemical that did it is restricted now.

Aspartame is one case - 1981 it was approved. GAO said it was approved
ok.
It kills people or gives "Brain damage" if people with genetic disease PKU
or a pregnant woman with high levels of phenylalanine in the blood - they
can't metabolize the chemical and one of the components with it.

Sulfite's - on for greed, off for life, on for greed. banned and then
allowed
once again if they must. They must most of the time. But now most label.
Ever read the long small print labels in a store ? Ha!

Sulfite is very dangerous. I helped a friend that was only partially
afflicted
come back from the brink of being committed as a advanced case of
Alzheimer's.
Sulfite attaches to and disables the enzymes in the brain that are used
to transmit signals from one brain cell to another. Short term memory is
halted. Long term memory is 'uploaded' into short term and it in term
is sent to the mouth.... Think of short term memory as computer cache.

Another friend has one kidney since the other one was removed due to
cancer.
The kidney generates enzymes that convert sulfite's into sulfates.
He was having pain in his one and only kidney (as I did today with both of
mine)
since he got a dose of sulfur. He switched to good water and began
to feel better and recover from yet another issue. It can impair liver
cell ATP
energy production. In other words one gets fatigued.

Saccharin and yellow #5 contain sulfite radicals. Pickles have Yellow...
even.

Sulfur kills most everything we put it on. But the FDA continues to allow
it to be used in our foods after it was banned and brought back... is
wrong
for most if not all. For some it is critical. For some it is most
important.

Martin, you have here a mixture of anecdotes and assertions that would
require a lot of checking. If you have legitimate research to back up the
general assertions, I'll be glad to take a look at them. As for the
anecdotes, I knew a kid who died from peanut allergy, but we still have
peanuts. I guess that means the world can't be made safe for everyone, all
the time.

--
Ed Huntress