Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default ptoperty lines

cj wrote:
greetings, i am at odds with my neighbor over the exact placement of our
shared property line. i have a copy of a survey that was done about 5
years ago that shows our lots and on my lot there is a telephone pole
that i am using as a reference point. on the survey the scale is one
inch = forty feet. given that, could one say a half inch equals 20 feet,
a quarter inch equals 10 feet and an eighth of an inch equals 5 feet.
using the pole as a reference, i measured about a heavy sixteenth from
the pole to the lot line on the survey map. seems to me that my property
extends at least 2 feet past the pole. before i spend about $700 for a
surveyor is this a somewhat accurate way of measuring?.
thanks, cj

Hmmm,
Can't you find pegs buried at 4 corners? The iron rod survey people
drove into ground. Metal detector comes in handy. You can rent a
detector from ental outfit. With the map you can get pretty close
to them and start digging.