Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane Grill Infrared Burner Question

"Rick Blaine" wrote in message

However, for the life of me I can't get the two ceramic burners to work.
Using
the spark lighter or a grill lighter, I can occasionally see a small wave
of
blue flame moving across the burner plate, but it doesn't take. Yes - know
those
types of burners aren't supposed to have a visible flame. There's no
burning
going on at all - no heat.

Are you saying that blue flame goes out? The way these things work is the
blue flame heats the ceramic and the ceramic radiates the infrared. It
takes a few minutes to start feeling the heat from the infra red, but the
flame should be thee all the time.

You may also want to ask this on alt.food.barbecue Just ignore the replies
that will tell you to scrap the gas and get charcoal.