Posted to alt.electronics
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default UPDATE: Dehumidifier On & Off Period Feature

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:01:45 GMT, (Brad) wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a dehumidifier, instead of using
a humidistat setting, allows you to set the time on and the time off?

Example: Set the dehumidifier to run for a half hour, then be off
for an hour. This cycle repeats over and over.

Almost all new dehumidifiers have electronic controls.

My mechanical control dehumidifier recently "died". I used an external
controller I made that employs a binary counter. The dehumidifier, which was
set to "Max", was plugged into this external device. When the power was off,
in effect it is the same as "unplugging" the dehumidifier. I used this
system for years and it worked GREAT. Note: I use a humidity gauge.

PROBLEM:

With electronic control dehumidifiers, "unplugging" (in effect) the
dehumidifier for a half hour or more, most likely will cause it to loose the
settings.

---
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ier+with+timer
--