Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
NoOne N Particular NoOne N Particular is offline

Default Reminder

Gerald Ross wrote:
Arch wrote:
Turned my Jet mini VS off with a spindle between centers. Left an
inquisitive young child in the shop for just a second while I went into
the house. Came back within a minute. The child was happily watching
the spindle revolve at 1500 rpm. Whew! Memo to me and maybe some of you:
Most on-off switches are NOT enough.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Fortunately I'm old enough that all my children are grown. :)

My kids are grown too. But now there is the grandkid. She is 3 1/2
right now and we have had to start dead bolting the doors because
sometimes she just goes where she wants to go, even if it is out the
front door. She doesn't like going into the garage (shop) right now
because when she was out there once (while her grandma was carrying her)
one of my tools made more noise than she did, and she didn't like
that. I also keep it a little dirty out there (there is a 2" thick
pile of sawdust under the table saw as I write this) and she doesn't
like that either. Don't know how long that will last though.

Wayne