Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Ackman Steve Ackman is offline

Default Rodents making home in GENERATOR CONTROL BOX

In , on Tue, 02 Oct 2007
14:10:22 -0500, Ignoramus6620, lid wrote:

It is very nice. Then poison seems to be the best answer so far. I
will try to fit screening also, I am not sure if I can.

An aspect of poison I've not seen mentioned yet is
that if the mice have an ample supply of food, they
tend to cache the poison for later. I used to put dcon
in a garage and when it disappeared fairly quickly, I
thought my rodent problem was over in short order...
but I put box after box out there over the course of
the winter, and though I rarely saw mice, the dcon kept
disappearing.

Come spring time, I needed my tall rubber boots
(which also lived in the garage), and I had to empty
out at least a box worth of dcon from the boots. When
we moved, I found little pockets of the stuff hidden
away in all sorts of cracks and nooks in the garage.

So, no matter if you think you've placed the poison
in a spot where other wildlife and/or pets can't get
to it, there's no telling where the mice will store it
for leaner times.