Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tony Tony is offline

Default Mill choreography

Thats where the Methods Engineer comes in. He/she bridges the gap between
the designer and the machinist.

"Jerry Foster" wrote in message
. net...

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
I did 18 mill operations in less than 2 hours including set-up time.
This
by changing the way I do my drawings and visualizing all the operations

with
the thoughts of reducing set-ups, minimizing tool changes, laying out the
tools and parts and figuring the correct order of events. With my old BP
and methods I guess this would have taken close to two days! And, every
operation was within two thousandths. Think/cut!

So, after all that outrageous productivity, I took a little nap at my

desk!

I've long been of the opinion that a machinist should have the right to
had
drawing back to the designer and say, "there's the mill; go make it..."

A little cleverness in the design can save a world of time (and cost) in
the
making...

Jerry