Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default recessed spotlight wiring.

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
Not sure about that, ISTR every time downlighters are mentioned here
there seems to be a resounding chorus of disapproval!

Not from me there isn't. I think that they are excellent for a
number of situations. It would be nice if they used a little less
power, but they are not used all day normally, nor all year. When
they are in use, the heat energy is added to that in the house.

If all that was needed was functional lighting a fluorescent strip light
(or several) on a white ceiling would be fine - and very energy efficient.
But most want lighting to look good and provide a pleasant 'atmosphere'.
So basically to hell with efficiency. Thinking you can save the planet
from global warming by changing a few light bulbs to more efficient types
is like pi**ing in the ocean for all the effect it will have.

--
*Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.