Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Toolboxes - are there *any* good ones out there?

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:23:03 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Andy Dingley wrote:
On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 10:26:52 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

... (PC Plod
reckons it's illegal to posess an axe inside a city)
Is that true?

No, not at all! But tell that to Plod who stopped me last time I was

and it wasn't even a PCSO, or even in Easton

What did they say?

General nosiness. Then asking what I was doing with a couple of axes,
billhooks and khukris. As I was loading them into a Volvo estate that's
perpetually filthy with wood chippings, I thought this was rather
obvious.

His best question was "Don't you think that lot's all a bit dangerous?"
Now as I'm a lazy porker with a strong dislike of chainsaws, the whole
reason I'm swinging a 6lb felling axe is because I think it's _safer_
than a chainsaw, quieter and I need the exercise.

I did actually think it was a PCSO at first. You expect ignorance from
that bunch.

What was your response?

_Extreme_ sarcasm
Reciting section 139 of the CJA from memory (it's a party trick - better
than Eskimo Nell at least)
Ignoring him and continuing to load up until he wandered off.