Posted to alt.home.repair
Caesar Romano Caesar Romano is offline

Default where is the right type of winch?

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:44:01 -0700, Joe wrote Re
where is the right type of winch?:

down the track....... but need to find a "light duty" winch 12 volt DC or
110 Volt AC dosn't matter as I am GFI'd up to the whoopie through poolhouse
regulations...A Mini winch that would crawl on an I beam would be the
ultimate!! I know I'm dreaming but am looking for this type of thing !
...Thanks for any constructive replies... Jim

Multiple offerings from Northern Tools and Harbor Freight but posibly
more robust than you want. Have you considered hand operated rope
slings, for example? HF has at least a couple of these.. HTH

Indeed. All of the 12VDC and 120VAC motor driven winches I've ever
seen where much more heavy-duty than the OP is looking for. For
something as light as that I would just use a light-duty block and
tackle such as

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-TON-HD-4-WHEEL...QQcmdZViewItem