Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB - LCNORM.zip - HUD.jpg

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:00:17 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:20:42 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

Here's a simulation of a CRT vector character generator, for a
heads-up display on a military airplane. It takes into account the
character generator, DAC response, deflectiion amp response, and
phosphor characteristics. All done in a day, in PowerBasic.

John

Bull****. It is a neon sign generator app. Note how all the letters
connect together. Note how the app is called NEON.

I wrote it, and I called it NEON because, well, I like neon, and the
display looks sort of neon-ish. The characters connect together
because it's a vector character generator, d'oh.

The second photo is NOT a picture of a neon sign, d'oh.

Here's the HUD itself, on the right. On top is the beam-splitter the
pilot looks through. The box on the left is the GEC controller we
replaced. It had an MTBF of 22 hours.

AlwaysWrong, d'oh.

John

Attached Thumbnails
constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB-hud-jpg