Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Speaking of satellite converter boxes.....

Terry wrote in
:

I have a friend that is splitting his subscription 3 ways.

Direct TV is furnishing him the full package. It runs around 110$ a
month last time we talked about it. Plus he pays $5x3 for the extra
boxes.

He has 2 of the boxes in his house and one at his parents house and
one at his wife's parents house. 3 families split 125 and get
everything.

Clever!
But,I wonder if he could be prosecuted for cable signal fraud? That usage
may be contrary to the subscription agreement.
(with possible BIG fines)
Wouldn't DirectTV notice that 2 of their boxes are on different phone
lines?

Heck,they might even monitor UseNet newsgroups for this sort of info.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik