Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default where is the right type of winch?

On Oct 11, 10:45 pm, "Jimi" wrote:
Hi,

I want a winch that I can mount on the ceiling in my poolhouse that
will lift the hardshell cover off of it...this is a POOL (Over 20 ft long)
not a HOT TUB..I now they sell all sorts of gadgets to lift off hardshell
covers for a spa or hot tub. This hardshell cover is in 3 pieces weighing
about 25-30 lbs each so I don't need an ATV winch (2000 lbs)...I only need
something with lifting capacity of about 100-150 lbs. I plan on putting the
winch on an aluminum track so these covers can be lifted seperately and slid
away . I've googled this to death..I am a welder by trade and have the
machining background to make the track rollers for the winch to slide up and
down the track....... but need to find a "light duty" winch 12 volt DC or
110 Volt AC dosn't matter as I am GFI'd up to the whoopie through poolhouse
regulations...A Mini winch that would crawl on an I beam would be the
ultimate!! I know I'm dreaming but am looking for this type of thing !
...Thanks for any constructive replies... Jim

Multiple offerings from Northern Tools and Harbor Freight but posibly
more robust than you want. Have you considered hand operated rope
slings, for example? HF has at least a couple of these.. HTH

Joe