Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default wiring 8 separate fluorescent lamps, each with a switch, does each need its own ballast?

For what you intend to do, you would buy eight, individual F32T8 strips.
Each will have an integral ballast and you can wire eight individual single
pole switches, one for each fixture to a common power source

"Yes Duffy MCP/M.Arch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, I am doing an art installation, and I am going to wire eight 4'
T8 fluorescent fixtures(with bulbs) to a power source. Each bulb will
need its own switch.

Do I get a large ballast that can handle all eight, and then wire the
switches after the ballast??

OR

Do I have to use a separate ballast for EACH bulb, and put the switch
before the ballast?

Thanks SO much for your help!

-My name is Yes Duffy