Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default wiring 8 separate fluorescent lamps, each with a switch, does each need its own ballast?

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:50:12 -0700, "Yes Duffy MCP/M.Arch"
wrote:

Hello, I am doing an art installation, and I am going to wire eight 4'
T8 fluorescent fixtures(with bulbs) to a power source. Each bulb will
need its own switch.

Do I get a large ballast that can handle all eight, and then wire the
switches after the ballast??

OR

Do I have to use a separate ballast for EACH bulb, and put the switch
before the ballast?

Thanks SO much for your help!

-My name is Yes Duffy

You can not switch after the ballast, period.....
You need a separate ballast for each bulb (usually for each TWO bulbs,
or each fixture). Single bulb fixtures seem to be a thing of the past
except for portable or (under 2 foot bulbs).

Do you say "YES" to everything? ? ? ? ?
Will you give me ten million dollars? (Just say "YES") LOL