Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Who owns a Direct Tv Dish? (the company or the home owner)

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:02:53 -0400, Terry
wrote:

They give them away for free. From what I understand if you don't
have a card that has a valid subscription, they won't work anyway.

Cards will not; also, transcend receivers - memory/EPROM. The card is
a real computer. Initialize it and it writes to the card - associates
a receiver to a card, thus subscription.

They gave millions of dishes away.

--
Oren