Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default Who owns a Direct Tv Dish? (the company or the home owner)

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:40:16 -0500, wrote:

I have a rental property. The tenants moved out and left a Direct Tv
satellite dish on the house. Their lease states that after they give
notice to move, and have finally left the premises, any items left on
the property become the property of myself (the landlord). These
tenants moved a year ago. They keep calling me and saying they want
their satellite dish. I have made them aware that they no longer own
the thing, and if they attempt to remove it, I will have them
prosecuted for trespassing and theft (they left on very bad terms,
owing rent money, etc).

They give them away for free. From what I understand if you don't
have a card that has a valid subscription, they won't work anyway.

You might be able to find someone that knows how to hack them, but I
don't think the boxes are worth much un hacked.