Posted to alt.electronics
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Dehumidifier On & Off Period Feature

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:49:37 +1300, "Frank" wrote:

the De'Longhi CFO5M dehumidifier operators manual says

* Never stop the unit by unplugging the power supply cord.
* Be sure after 3~ 5 minutes to restart the unit again when the unit
is stopped or power supply is cut.

So? Do you understand *why* they make these cautions? If you are
going to be an engineer and design a system to turn it off/on then you
need to understand the parts you are working on...

1. Why do they say 'don't stop by unplugging'?

2. Why do they say 'wait 3-5 minutes to restart'?

And please everyone, I know why, I'm asking the OP if he knows.

Then implement the timer as was suggested.