Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke Hawke is offline

Default Soul Searching....

Hawke wrote:

Republicans want to take it and give it to the
rich, of which there are only a lucky few. Democrats, on the other

hand,
take the money and give it to the poor, of which there are many.

Hawke

What do you think they do with
that money, go on trips to Vegas to gamble?

Well they do take a LOT of trips to very nice places that have very
little to do with governing this country.

Yes they do. But they get that money from lobbyists and campaign
contributors not the general fund.

No, they use that money to do
what most Americans want done with it. Things like creating and

maintaining
the nation's infrastructure. I assume that is okay with you. They use it

build and maintain an army, That okay? They use it for the police, fire,
emergency services.

The Republicans do that also.

That's what they are supposed to be doing which ever party they belong to.
The point is they are using your tax money to do things you want done.

That's okay too isn't it? It also goes for Social
Security for your parents, and Medicare for them as well.

Both of my parents are long gone. I'm 75

I'll assume they already collected Social Security and you have been too. At
75 I think I can also assume that you have collected more than you
contributed. That is tax money coming from the taxpayers that is going into
your pocket. I take it that is okay with you, which makes you just like
everybody else who wants something from the government.

They use it to pay
the giant debt the republicans have given us.

Oh I see all the debt has been generated by the Rep. ( HA HA )

No, not all has been generated by the republicans but I just heard
yesterday, as a matter of fact, that since Bush has been president the
republican congress has added more to the national debt than most, if not
all, of the other presidents combined. So yes, the republicans have given us
more debt than anyone. Add the debt that Reagan and Bush I contributed and
it's clear who has spent the country into a 10 trillion dollar debt. When
Clinton was in office he had four years of a surplus. See the difference?

So you see, the money they
take goes for what you and everybody else really wants. If you really

didn't
want any of that stuff you would have a point. But I never met a

republican
who didn't want his parents health and income to be the government's
responsibility,

Like I said It's my health I'm concerned about ans I'd just as soon
have control over it myself.

I don't blame you. So do I. But I'd rather have national health care that I
know I can count on rather than have to buy insurance from a for profit firm
that will do everything in its power to make as much from me as possible and
deny me medical care every chance it gets.

The bottom line is that
Americans want things from the government. They just don't want to pay

for
it.

Not "Americans" just the incompent liberals and wellfare recipents. :-)

You may incorrectly think that if you want but the fact is business and the
wealthy are also looking to get everything they can from the government too.
Not just liberals and welfare recipients, of which there are less and less
of. You need to check the facts. The truth is it isn't the poor that get the
most from the government it's the wealthy. Why do you think they pay so many
people to lobby the government for advantages for themselves? They aren't
stupid. They know a buck spent giving to politicians comes back in spades.
The poor can't do that. You're laboring under old fashioned illusions that
just aren't true.

Hawke