Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Finished Long Parts Tumbler

Not undercoating - the bed liners on pickups that are sprayed on.
Real nice and tough!
Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:15:42 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
quickly quoth:

On Oct 12, 6:18 am, "Pete C." wrote:

If a tank gets moisture and resulting corrosion inside you tumble them
with an abrasive slurry inside to clean them so they can be fully
inspected to be sure the corrosion didn't damage the tank enough to make
it unsafe (3,000 PSI for the typical aluminum 80cf tanks = potential big
boom).

That's why I think the truck coating would be good, it's designed to
bond tightly and is resilient so it should take some abuse.

Undercoating?

Ahh... OK, that makes sense.

Yeah, I'll checkout the truck stuff when the tape wears out.

Larry, I did think about the tool rubber stuff. The guy at the store
didn't seem to think it would stick enough though. But that other
rubber stuff might be an option.

Scuff the inside of the tube to give it some tooth, then clean it
thoroughly with a good solvent.