Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Toolboxes - are there *any* good ones out there?

wrote:

2. 'Electrical' toolbox, electrical screwdrivers, strippers, crimp
tool, some crimps, side cutters, pliers, cheap meter, etc.

I got one from Makro that does this job quite well - about 20" long,
metal body with plastic top and ends. The top is designed so that you
can use it as a handy step or seat which I find is ideal for sitting at
a socket fitting position or reaching a ceiling rose etc. It has one
lift out tray that seems to take ten screwdrivers, cutters x 2, pliers x
2, strippers x 2, crimp tool, socket tester, and some other stuff,
leaving the base of the unit with four test meters, roll of earth
sleeving, box of grommets and misc other stuff.

3. Plumbing stuff, but a simple 'tote box' seems to handle this
OK.

Never found anything ideal for this. I have a big zip up bag I got from
Axminster with loads of side and interior pockets, that will hold all
the stuff, but once full is impossible find stuff in, and is a bit much
to carry far. Separating out all the plumbing fittings into a separate
compartmentalised box helped solve that.

4. An 'up the garden fencing' toolbox, as our 'garden' is 9 acres
it's a bad idea to forget anything important when you go to fix
the fences. This needs to be quite big to take more than one
cordless drill, a supply of big screws, mallet, saw, etc.

I think this is called a car!

--
Cheers,

John.