Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default Is color of generator important?

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:

Generator should be bright, light colors. Mine's black and I have to
grope for it in the dark when power is out ;(

Frank

Didn't think of that. Shouldn't it be painted radioactive neon, then?

Color is the LAST thing I look at when buying any equipment of that sort.
First I want reliability, cost to maintain, price etc.. Only if two
identically specced units were available for the same price would I actually
think much about color.

From a marketing aspect, color might make me see a particular brand first in
a store, or ads, but ... it's unimportant to me and most like me, since it
has nothing to do with the quality or reliability of a device. But then
again, my opinion of marketing types in general is pretty low, just a tad
above politicians and gummint critters, which are numbers 99 & 100.

Color is a silly aspect to make a buying decision on. Brand and reputation
is much more important.

Pop`