Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Remote Fan Controller (IR)

The reciever most likely has failed parts. This is not something you
will be able to service yourself unless you can have a means and the
skills to troubleshoot it. I am sure that the manufacture does not
support service for this type of unit because of the service cost. If
you can find out the manufacture of the particuler receiver you have,
you may be able to buy a new replacement, if the cost is feasible. If
you contact the dealer where the fans were bought, they may be able to
give you a contact for spare parts.

Jerry G.
======

On Oct 12, 5:04 pm, "Peter K" wrote:
Hi Guys.

I have a customer who has 3 Infrared Remote Ceiling Fan Controllers (No Name
Brand).
The Receiver has Live and Neutral in, Fan Live Out, Light Live Out, and
Neutral Out.
She actually has about 6 of these installed in her house, and all work fine
except for these two.

The Controls have a High, Medium, Low and Off Fan Button, and a Light Button
that cycles between off and 5 levels of brightness.

The 3 have the problem as follows:
Light Brightness works fine, until you switch the fan on.
once you switch the fan on, it operates at the speed you selected,
but then the receiver stops responding [the piezo buzzer in the receiver
does not even beep to indicate that
it received a valid button press.] , and just holds the same state
(Brightness and Fan Speed).

The only way to get the receiver responding again, is to remove the power,
and reapply it after about 20s.

I have tried the receivers at another location (at my offices), with a
different fan, and have tried several remotes, and IR sensors,
all with the same result.

Anybody had any experience on these [with the problem]?