Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter K Peter K is offline

Default Remote Fan Controller (IR)

Hi Guys.

I have a customer who has 3 Infrared Remote Ceiling Fan Controllers (No Name
Brand).
The Receiver has Live and Neutral in, Fan Live Out, Light Live Out, and
Neutral Out.
She actually has about 6 of these installed in her house, and all work fine
except for these two.

The Controls have a High, Medium, Low and Off Fan Button, and a Light Button
that cycles between off and 5 levels of brightness.

The 3 have the problem as follows:
Light Brightness works fine, until you switch the fan on.
once you switch the fan on, it operates at the speed you selected,
but then the receiver stops responding [the piezo buzzer in the receiver
does not even beep to indicate that
it received a valid button press.] , and just holds the same state
(Brightness and Fan Speed).

The only way to get the receiver responding again, is to remove the power,
and reapply it after about 20s.

I have tried the receivers at another location (at my offices), with a
different fan, and have tried several remotes, and IR sensors,
all with the same result.

Anybody had any experience on these [with the problem]?