Posted to rec.woodworking

Default your thoughts on metric

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Lee" wrote in message
et...
I am getting a bit fed-up with the 15/32...13/64... and the rest of
the crap measurements we use here. Why shouldn't I go to what the
rest of the world uses? Metric. Please no political BS. Seems like
using 10's is a lot easier.No I'm not too old to change (62).G

There are absolutely no valid reasons NOT to use metric.

So what? What are the valid reason to NOT use the system we're
already using? If you want people to change their behavior you have
to give them a reason to do so, not simply tell them that there's no
reason not to.

I don't really give a damn if people change or not. It is just that there
is no valid reason to say one system is superior if both can get it done,
making no valid reason NOT to use it.

There are
plenty of people afraid of change. Use it steady for a few days and
you'll wonder why we did not change decades ago. We use it for our
money, we use it for some beverages.

Why would one wonder that after "using it steady for a few days"?

Because those closed minded individuals that think it is a bad system will
find that is not so bad, it is simple to use, and makes us compatible with
the rest of the world. Many people are afraid of change and fear having to
learn something new. After a couple of days you will have learned it an be
able to estimate how many meters a room dimension is.