Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke Hawke is offline

Default Soul Searching....

"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message
Hawke wrote:
Republicans want to take it and give it to the
rich, of which there are only a lucky few. Democrats, on the other hand,
take the money and give it to the poor, of which there are many.

Hawke

But the Dems, want to take more of MINE and since I am unable
to get from either party I prefer to go with the ones that
do the LEAST damage to my pocket. :-)
...lew...

It seems that the small government, anti Democrat, leave me alone kind of
guys all seem to forget something when they are complaining about the
government taking money out of their pockets. What do you think they do with
that money, go on trips to Vegas to gamble? No, they use that money to do
what most Americans want done with it. Things like creating and maintaining
the nation's infrastructure. I assume that is okay with you. They use it to
build and maintain an army, That okay? They use it for the police, fire,
emergency services. That's okay too isn't it? It also goes for Social
Security for your parents, and Medicare for them as well. They use it to pay
the giant debt the republicans have given us. So you see, the money they
take goes for what you and everybody else really wants. If you really didn't
want any of that stuff you would have a point. But I never met a republican
who didn't want his parents health and income to be the government's
responsibility, and didn't want the world's biggest army, and didn't want
police, CIA, FBI, and Homeland Security etc. The bottom line is that
Americans want things from the government. They just don't want to pay for
it.

Hawke