Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default recessed spotlight wiring.

Adam Aglionby wrote:

Oh, you've done it now...

Or maybe you're a troll?

David

Seems a little harsh Lobster....

Oh dear what have I said, or is it a CFL fan club in here.

Na, we are pretty equally divided on them ;-)

LV downlighters get better efficiency lumens per watt than line
voltage incan lamps.
Higher colour temperature and better beam control because of smaller
filament.
Much better lamp life than GU10 MR16s, have some LV lamps that are
past there 10th birthday with a few hours day use.
Good transfomers wont buzz, but cost about as much as a whole kit out
of a shed, can reccomend Mode and IBL.

The option of using dichroic lamps is also worth mentioning with LV
setups, since this projects less heat forward and gives an improvement
in light whiteness again.

--
Cheers,

John.