Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default recessed spotlight wiring.

On Oct 12, 8:33 pm, Lobster wrote:
Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Oct 12, 5:06 pm, wrote:
I'm planning on replacing the kitchen strip-light with either 4 or 6
recessed halogen spotlights.

How do take the single cable which currently feeds the strip-light and
branch it out to 6 spotlights?
Do I use a junction box?

Use low voltage downlighters, more efficient, better quality of light
and much better lamp life.

Oh, you've done it now...

Or maybe you're a troll?

David

Oh dear what have I said, or is it a CFL fan club in here.

LV downlighters get better efficiency lumens per watt than line
voltage incan lamps.
Higher colour temperature and better beam control because of smaller
filament.
Much better lamp life than GU10 MR16s, have some LV lamps that are
past there 10th birthday with a few hours day use.
Good transfomers wont buzz, but cost about as much as a whole kit out
of a shed, can reccomend Mode and IBL.

Adam