Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB - LCNORM.zip

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:13:59 -0700, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
Loosely-typed or untyped data is a mare's nest of bugs just
waiting to happen.

For relatively simple programs the productivity gains of not dealing with
typed data (and explicit data conversions) often outweighs the potential for
problems. Especially when there's at least the appearance of only a couple of
core data types, such as strings and floating point numbers.

For complex programs I think more people agree that stronger typing does a lot
of good. Exactly where the dividing line between "simple" and "complex" lies
is largely a function of just how skilled the individual programmer is!

There's a secret, seldom-used, nearly foolproof way to avoid program
bugs, which I will now reveal to the world:

Every time you write a line of code, think about it.

John