Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default where is the right type of winch?

on 10/11/2007 11:45 PM Jimi said the following:
Hi,

I want a winch that I can mount on the ceiling in my poolhouse that
will lift the hardshell cover off of it...this is a POOL (Over 20 ft long)
not a HOT TUB..I now they sell all sorts of gadgets to lift off hardshell
covers for a spa or hot tub. This hardshell cover is in 3 pieces weighing
about 25-30 lbs each so I don't need an ATV winch (2000 lbs)...I only need
something with lifting capacity of about 100-150 lbs. I plan on putting the
winch on an aluminum track so these covers can be lifted seperately and slid
away . I've googled this to death..I am a welder by trade and have the
machining background to make the track rollers for the winch to slide up and
down the track....... but need to find a "light duty" winch 12 volt DC or
110 Volt AC dosn't matter as I am GFI'd up to the whoopie through poolhouse
regulations...A Mini winch that would crawl on an I beam would be the
ultimate!! I know I'm dreaming but am looking for this type of thing !
....Thanks for any constructive replies... Jim

Good luck.
A pool inside a house or building is more correctly called a Natatorium,
rather than a pool house, which is a Cabana type building next to a pool.
I never knew that until my daughter was on a swim team in high school
and competed in other schools. I just followed the Natatorium signs to
find the pools.
Would a 12 volt electric winch like this help?
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...017686/c-10101
or http://tinyurl.com/yt3jq3

--

Bill